MICA Events & Conference
Who is MICA?
Why Become A MICA Member?
MICA Membership Categories
MICA Dues and Assesments
MICA Membership Form
MICA is a voluntary organization, which operates without pecuniary
profit to itself or any member. The purposes of the corporation, as stated in its
certificate incorporation, and only to the extent that said purposes are lawful, are as
- To foster the trade, commerce and interests of importers and exporters of fresh and/or
frozen and/or cured and /or cooked and/or canned meats; to seek and obtain relief from
unlawful or burdensome exactions, statutes and regulations; to work with importers
and exporters associations, domestic or foreign governmental bodies and others
toward solutions to industry problems; to procure uniformity and certainty in customs and
usages of the meat trade; to distribute accurate information to its members and to the
public; to settle differences and promote free intercourse between its members and those
with whom they deal.
- To form a group of direct importers of fresh and/or frozen and cured meats for the
purpose of developing mutual interests.
- To deal with all governmental agencies as the need arises.
- To seek a basis of closer cooperation with all shipping agencies involved in ocean
transportation of the meat in question; to seek improvement of pier facilities for taking
delivery at all united states ports of entry; in addition, to work out a more satisfactory
and uniform basis for truckmen to take delivery on piers and for warehousing.
- When necessary, to deal with insurance companies for extension of coverage under their
- To maintain contacts with the foreign organizations, for the purposes of assisting in
the promotion of interests of the trade.
- To seek an eventual basis for the formation of credit information facilities to assist
members in their dealings with foreign and domestic firms.
- To set up eventually, standards for trading, description of products and related